Truly open source nature of Otto allows open STEAM education, we collect feedback from different workshops and schools around the world that are already using Otto DIY in their classroom, we create lesson materials, some people are teaching electronics connections with Fritzing and the physics behind, other code with Blockly, Scratch, Arduino IDE then more advanced collaborative coding with Github, others to created open source APPs, others how to customize with arts & crafts, other how to design 3dD models with accessories for Otto using openSCAD or TinkerCAD or Fusion 360.
Otto makes teaching easier and more effective for a variety of grade levels, age groups and subjects.
Key concepts covered include:
- But…Who is Otto? Otto is an interactive robot that anyone can make!
- What can Otto do? Otto walks, dances, makes sounds and avoids obstacles
- Why Is Otto special? Otto is completely open source, 3D printable, and Arduino compatible
- This is the opportunity to build and have your first robot.
- First there will be a little introduction about Otto and the team behind,
- Second you will receive one Otto DIY kit including all tools you need to make this biped robot.
- And lastly you will follow the assembly instructions and you would be able to finish your new Otto robot and play.
- Includes one Otto DIY kit and all the tools to build it in 2-3 hours.
- No need technical knowledge, perfect for beginners and easy hackable for experts. Due small screws the workshops is recommend for 7+ years old, unless the children are accompanied by parents.